Medieval Mythical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Habbo RPG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why do you build me up buttercup?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
markhussy

Why do you build me up buttercup? Empty
PostSubject: Why do you build me up buttercup?     Why do you build me up buttercup? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:32 am

Hello,

Build Me Up Buttercup is the name of a song written by Mike d'Abo and Tony Macaulay, and released by The Foundations with Colin Young singing the lead vocals in 1968. This was the third major hit for The Foundations. Colin Young replaced Clem Curtis in 1968 and this was the first Foundations hit that he sang on. It reached number 2 on the UK charts and number 3 in the US on the Billboard Hot 100, where it stayed for 11 weeks. It was re-recorded in or around the late 1980s when original Foundations members Clem Curtis and Alan Warner teamed up to recut this as well as other hits of The Foundations. In 2003, Colin Young recorded an updated version of the song backed by a choir of policemen from the Surrey police force. The proceeds from the sale of the CD go to Milly's Fund. The fund is a trust set up in memory of murdered school girl Amanda Dowler. Apparently the song was a favourite of hers. The song was used in the 1983 film Luggage of the Gods!, and featured again in movies twice in the 1990s and once in 2007. It was covered by rock band The Goops in 1995 for the soundtrack of Mallrats, with the music video featuring View Askewniverse characters Jay and Silent Bob. Three years later, it was included in the 1998 film There's Something about Mary. The actors of the film also made a video for the song, with all the main actors miming to the words in character. It was also covered by The Frantic in 2007 as a bonus track on their album Audio & Murder. This version is popularly thought to have been done by both NOFX and The Donnas.

Thanks

manchester united shirt
liverpool shirt
jersey
Back to top Go down

Why do you build me up buttercup?
Page 1 of 1